Maracanã Station, run by SuperVia, the rail operator serving Rio de Janeiro and 11 municipalities in the metropolitan region
Odebrecht TransPort develops, builds, operates and invests in projects in the areas of urban mobility, highways, ports, airports and integrated logistics systems. The company contributes to the transformation of Brazil's infrastructure, providing services that improve people’s quality of life and increase its affiliates' productivity.
Rio de Janeiro
*sold in 2016
- Record of 729,000 passengers transported in a single day by SuperVia, in Rio de Janeiro, with 95% of the trips on air-conditioned trains.
- Renovation of Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, in Rio de Janeiro, with investments of BRL 2 billion and employment for about 7,000 workers.
- More than 14,700 mechanical and medical services for motorists using Odebrecht Rodovias’s seven road concessions.
- Progress in the construction of the Light Rail Vehicle (VLT) system in Rio de Janeiro, and in the construction of Via Rio.
- Beginning of the São Paulo Metro’s line 6, which will create 9,000 jobs during the construction phase.
- Conclusion of the widened 117-km section of the Western Route and rehabilitating another 430 km of BR-163, the main corridor for grain production in the Brazilian Midwest, creating 3,000 jobs.
- Beginning construction of the sugar terminal in the Port of Suape, Pernambuco, which will reduce cargo loading time by nine days.
- Twenty-six-hour reduction in average monthly time for freight clearance at the RIOgaleão terminal.