Created in 2011, Odebrecht Defense & Technology has two affiliates: Itaguaí Construções Navais (ICN), for the construction of conventional and nuclear submarines for the National Submarine Development Program (Prosub) and Mectron, focused on the development and manufacture of high-technology products and complex systems for military and civilian use.
- Simultaneous construction of all four Prosub conventional submarines.
- ICN’s implementation of the Productive Linking Project, which, in partnership with SEBRAE, has identified business opportunities between purchasing companies and suppliers of products and services.
- ICN’s implementation of the Knowledge Management Program, aiming to maximize the retention of knowledge resulting from the process of technology transfer from France to Brazil, within the scope of submarine construction.
- ICN’s sponsorship of the restoration of São Francisco Xavier Church, a 300-year-old cultural heritage site, in Itaguaí.
ICN - Itaguaí Construções Navais
- Construction of submarines for the Brazilian Navy’s National Submarine Development Program (Prosub)
- Development of high-tech products and complex systems for military and civilian use.