The Ethylene XXI Complex in Mexico: annual production of 1.05 million tons of polyethylene resins
Braskem is the largest producer of thermoplastic resins (polyethylene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride) in the Americas and the sixth-largest petrochemical company in the world. It is also the world’s leading manufacturer of biopolymers. In Brazil, it is the only petrochemical company to consolidate upstream and downstream production, producing basic chemical inputs and using them to produce thermoplastic resins. With an installed production capacity of more than 20 million tons of basic chemicals and petrochemicals annually, Braskem operates globally with units in Brazil, the United States, Mexico and Germany, and serves Clients in more than 70 countries.
- BRL 280-million investment in Innovation and Technology in 2015, in 23 laboratories and seven pilot plants, with 300 specialized professionals, 276 projects and 903 patents registered in Brazil and other countries.
- Annual production capacity of 200,000 tons of Green Plastic, polyethylene made from sugarcane ethanol, of 100% renewable origin.
- Conclusion, in a joint venture with the Mexican group Idesa, of construction of the Ethylene XXI project in Mexico, with an annual production capacity of 1.05 million tons of high and low density polyethylene.
- Expected to meet the demand of 2.1 million tons/year of polyethylene in the Mexican market in the coming years.
- Gold Classification in the Brazilian GHG Protocol Program, for its inventory of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), and recognition as the best company in Brazil in carbon management by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Consolidated net profit of BRL 2.89 billion in 2015 and record EBITDA of BRL 9.37 billion (USD 2.8 billion), representing growth of 67% compared to the previous year.
- 29 industrial units, Technology and Innovation Center (Triunfo, RS), headquarters and administrative offices
- 5 industrial units, Technology and Innovation Center (Pittsburgh), main office (Philadelphia) and sales offices
- 4 industrial units and sales offices
- 2 industrial units, main office (Frankfurt) and sales offices
Argentina, Chile, Singapore, Colombia, Netherlands, Peru and Venezuela
- Sales offices